Exploring the Psychology of Mindfulness thru Practice75-min workshop
Is your mind busy with thoughts, fluff and just lots of stuff? Do you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders? Are you wondering what the future brings instead of making it more of what you'd like it to be?
Join us on a mini adventure to explore the psychology of mindfulness and experience it firsthand for yourself to get better acquainted with the latest way for de-compressing and refreshing one's mind and body in an ever-hectic world.
Through a combination of fun and lovingly curated exercises, we'll explore which kinds of mindful practice work for you. You can then choose to integrate mindfulness to create a healthier, happier and better-balanced way of life.
- Experience what mindfulness feels like
- Able to explain what mindfulness is to someone else
- Train your brain to become mindful in 75-mins
- Describe firsthand the benefits of mindfulness you experience during the session
- Explore the benefits of being more mindful in your life
Key concepts we'll cover:
- Relationship between mindfulness and Flow
- Extending the time between noticing an emotion and reacting to improve the quality of your response and interactions with others
- Mindfulness in the wider context of being healthy, happy and whole
An open mind and willingness to give mindfulness a try
Benefits of participating
Experience what mindfulness feels like
Able to explain what mindfulness is to someone else
Train your brain to become mindful in 75-mins
Describe firsthand the benefits of mindfulness you experience during the session
Explore the benefits of being more mindful in your life
Leave with a handful of recommended resources for your journey into mindfulness
All materials for exercises
This session consists of a mix of exercises to be done as individuals, small groups and the whole group.
05-15 What is mindfulness?
15-20 1st guided meditation (3-mins)
20-30 Reflection and introspection
30-35 Psychology of mindfulness
35-40 Mindful colouring
40-45 Reflection and introspection
45-50 2nd guided meditation (3-mins)
50-55 Reflection and introspection
55-60 What mindfulness means to you now?
60-65 3rd guided meditation (5-mins)
65-70 Reflection and introspection
70-75 Appreciations and summary
Summary poster of session
This is a brand new session - Yay!